Английский, вариант 2 (Cambridge University)
Содержимое: 50207222434840.rar (15,22 Кбайт)
Контрольная работа №2
Задание 1. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая внимание на употребление модальных глаголов. Подчеркните модальные глаголы в английских предложениях и в переводе.
1. These parts of the engine must be replaced.
2. You may take any of these instruments, because I do not need them now.
3. Something was wrong with the car – he could not start it.
4. Many students now have to pay for their education.
5. He will not be able to repair this engine.
Задание 2. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая внимание на употребление времён группы Continuous (Present, Past, Future) и группы Perfect (Present, Past, Future) в действительном и страдательном залогах. Выпишите сказуемые и укажите их видовременные формы.
1. The locomotive was moving at a high speed when the engine driver saw that the line had been damaged.
2. When we came to the station the train had already arrived, and the passengers were hurrying to occupy their seats in the cars.
3. Boeing’s new airplane is faster and more luxurious than any other vehicles, which have ever been produced.
Задание 3. Перепишите и переведите предложения, поставив глагол в нужную форму.
1. The bridge, which (to build – Present Continuous Passive) now, (to use – Future Indefinite Passive) for the movement of both road and railway traffic.
2. The movement of trains (to stop- Past Indefinite Passive) on that section of the line because the workers (to replace – Past Continuous Active) the sleepers.
3. Nowadays crossties (to make – Present Indefinite Passive) of wood, concrete, steel and cast-iron.
Задание 4 . Перепишите и переведите предложения, выбрав правильную форму сказуемого (Active or Passive)
1. Powerful track-laying machines (have developed, have been developed) for the building of railroads.
2. The road is closed because the road works (are conducting, are being conducted.)
3. At the first railways, sleepers (laid down, were laid down) along the track; nowadays they (lay down, are laid down) transversely.
Задание 5. Перепишите и переведите текст.
Cambridge University at Cambridge, England, is one of the oldest English language universities in the world. It was founded at the beginning of the 12th century. Cambridge is the second oldest university in Great Britain after Oxford.
Cambridge is on the river Cam and takes its name from this river. There are twenty-nine colleges in Cambridge. The oldest one is Peterhouse, which was founded in 1284. And the most recent is Robinson College, which was opened in 1977. But the most famous is King´s College, because of its magnificent chapel. Its choir of boys and undergraduates is well - known all over the world.
The Universities were only for men until 19th century when the first women´s college was opened. Later the doors of colleges were opened to both men and women. Nowadays almost all the colleges are mixed. . All students have to live in Cambridge while they study there. Each college is self-governing. (самоуправляется).
The head of the University is the chancellor who is elected for life. The teachers are commonly called “dons” and “tutors”. Part of the teaching is by means of lectures organized by the University. Besides lectures, teaching is carried out by tutorial system for which the Cambridge University is famous all over the world. This is a system of individual tuition (обучения) organized by the colleges. Each student has a tutor who practically guides him through the whole course of studies. The tutor plans the student’s work and once a week the student goes to his tutor to discuss his work with him.
The training course lasts 4 years. The academic year is divided into 3 terms. The students study natural and technical sciences, law, history, modern and medieval languages, divinity, ....
The training course lasts 4 years. The academic year is divided into 3 terms. The students study natural and technical sciences, law, history, modern and medieval languages, divinity, English, architecture and history of art, geography, mathematics, biology, archaeology and anthropology, physics and chemistry, medicine and many other subjects. After three years of study, a student may proceed to a Bachelor’s degree and later to the degrees of Master and Doctor.
Students are required to wear dark blue or black gowns (мантия) and black square caps at lectures, in the University library, in the street in the evening, for dinners in the colleges and for official visits. All the students must pay for their education, examinations, books, laboratories, university hostel, the use of libraries, etc. Very few students get grants. Not many children from the working class families are able to get higher education, as the cost is high. The cost of education depends on the college and speciality.
A number of great men, well-known scientists and writers studied at Cambridge. Among them are: Erasmus, the great Dutch scholar, Bacon, the philosopher, Milton and Byron, the poets, Cromwell, the soldier, Newton and Darwin, the scientists.
Задание 6. Укажите, какие из следующих утверждений соответствуют содержанию текста. Используйте фразы: It is right. It is wrong. Исправьте
Образец: 1) Cambridge University was founded at the end of the 13th century. It is wrong. Cambridge University was founded at the beginning of the 12th century.
2) Each college is self-governing. It is right.
1. Cambridge is the second oldest University in Great Britain after Oxford.
2. There are 24 different colleges in Cambridge.
3. The Universities were only for men until 18th century when the first women’s college was opened.
4. The tutor plans the student’s work and once a week the student goes to his tutor to discuss his work with him.
5. Not all the students must pay for their education.
|1 мес||3 мес||12 мес|
В целях исключения необоснованных и заведомо ложных сообщений о фактах нарушения указанных прав, администрация будет отказывать в предоставлении услуг на торговой площадке Plati, только после получения от Вас письменных заявлений о нарушении с приложением копий документов, подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности, по адресу: 123007, г. Москва, Малый Калужский пер. д.4, стр.3, Адвокатский кабинет «АКАР №380».
В целях оперативного реагирования на нарушения Ваших прав и необходимости блокировки действий недобросовестных продавцов, Plati просит Вас направить заверенную телеграмму, которая будет являться основанием для блокировки действий продавца, указанная телеграмма должна содержать указание: вида нарушенных прав, подтверждения ваших прав и ваши контактные данные (организиционно-правовую форму лица, Ф.И.О.). Блокировка будет снята по истечение 15 дней, в случае непредставления Вами в Адвокатский кабинет письменных документов подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности.