Контрольная №2 по англ, вариант 1
Содержимое: 30908012754150.rar (18,1 Кбайт)
1. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на перевод подлежащего.
A. The young specialists were offered to concentrate their efforts on the construction of bridges.
B. It must be said that the control system of the conveyor is looked upon as an experimental one.
C. The original design of the round conveyor was already referred to in some journals.
D. The construction of the new conveyor was paid great attention to.
E. The operation of the conveyor will not be influenced by outer factors.
2. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на усилительную конструкцию.
A. Facts give a science its substance, but it is the theory which provides its strength.
B. It was Einstein who provided a new conception of time, space and gravitation.
C. It is the hydroengineering complex which will protect St. Petersburg from floods.
3. В следующих парах предложений определите время и залог сказуемого. Предложения переведите.
A. During the nineteenth century a great development of science and technology took place in the world. Rapid changes have taken place in science and technology since the end of the Second World War.
A. An interesting phenomenon in the field of aerodynamic effects was discovered by Russian scientists last year. Almost all chemical elements which have been found on Earth have been discovered in the Sun and the planets of solar system.
4. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на слова-заместители.
A. The capacity of this atomic power station will be many times greater than that of the first one.
B. The number of discoveries and inventions of the last 25 years equals those made throughout the history of civilization.
C. The speed of lighter molecules is greater than that of heavier ones.
5. Выберите перевод сказуемого.
A. The engineers have to work out different flexible lines.
B. Some new flexible lines have been worked out at our plant lately.
C. The designers had to work out a special flexible line for their shop.
D. Our specialists have worked out a new experimental flexible line.
а) разработали; b) должны были разработать; с) были разработаны; d) должны разработать.
6. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на инфинитив.
A. To prepare metals for practical use requires much knowledge and experience.
B. In order to prevent corrosion, metals to be used in industry must be covered with special paint.
C. Dissimilar metals and alloys are joined to get the final product with qualities of each component. Metals and alloys to be joined are placed close together and are subjected to pressure and shock waves.
D. To strengthen metals is to reinforce them with fibres.
E. A very good practice is to introduce the best scientific inventions into industry.
F. Steam engines were the first to be tried in aeroplanes but they were too heavy to be of any real use.
G. If steel is heated above critical temperature, it becomes softer and much easier to be machined.
7. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на причастие.
a) Participle I
A. Combining hydrogen with oxygen in the proportion of two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen we produce water.
B. While burning different substances combine with oxygen.
C. The assistant was preparing the solution very carefully.
D. The boiling solution has neither colour nor odour.
б) Participle II
A. The data required were analysed in our laboratory.
B. The investigations analysed resulted in an interesting discovery.
C. When heated, glass can be easily worked.
D. Some new properties of the polymer found during the experiments were quite unexpected.
8. Дайте возможные варианты перевода предложений с герундием в функции:
1. The student´s taking part in the research was of great help to the whole laboratory.
2. His offering new temperature conditions for the system will give greater efficiency.
1. Their aim is finding new ways of utilizing this first-class polymer in light industry.
1. The researcher took great interest in our improving the properties of the rubber-like substances.
2. We know of silver and copper being very good conductors of electricity.
1. At present scientists take great interest in the methods of turning the light and heat of the sun directly into electricity.
1. One cannot transform water into steam without heating it.
2. Physical changes are those which influence the condition or state of matter without changing its composition.
9. Прочитайте и переведите текст.
RADIO AND TV IN OUTER SPACE
Radio waves serve as a most reliable means connecting the spaceship with the Earth. Since the time when the first rocket was sent into space, there is always a two-way communication channel between the Earth and space. The most valuable information is transmitted to the Earth from rockets and spaceships by radio waves.
The information from space comes to the Earth in a coded form and here it is – decoded into the language clear to the specialists. Radio signals which are sent to the Earth from space are much weaker than those which are emitted by radio stations on the Earth. That is why the ground-based receiving antennas should be very big. The greater the antenna area, the more reliable is the reception.
Here on the Earth we not only hear the voices of our cosmonauts out can also see them thanks to the television transmitters which are set up in the spaceship cabin. The cosmonauts use portable TV cameras to send telecasts from their space home and show the televiewers the Earth and the Moon. And so in addition to two-way radio communication there is a two-way television channel from the Earth – to space and back.
Outer space is a gigantic natural laboratory. Here people can observe and study new phenomena, discover laws of nature and then use their knowledge for the benefit of mankind. And here radio and TV are of great help.
10. Выберите правильный ответ в соответствии с содержанием текста.
1. In what form does the information from space come to the Earth?
a) in .he form of words;
b) in a coded form;
c) in a decoded form.
2. Why should the ground-based receiving antennas be very big?
a) because radio information from space should be decoded;
b) because radio signals from space are very strong;
c) because radio signals from space are weak.
3. How do cosmonauts communicate with the Earth?
a) by television only;
b) by radio and television channels;
c) by radio channels.
|1 мес||3 мес||12 мес|
В целях исключения необоснованных и заведомо ложных сообщений о фактах нарушения указанных прав, администрация будет отказывать в предоставлении услуг на торговой площадке Plati, только после получения от Вас письменных заявлений о нарушении с приложением копий документов, подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности, по адресу: 123007, г. Москва, Малый Калужский пер. д.4, стр.3, Адвокатский кабинет «АКАР №380».
В целях оперативного реагирования на нарушения Ваших прав и необходимости блокировки действий недобросовестных продавцов, Plati просит Вас направить заверенную телеграмму, которая будет являться основанием для блокировки действий продавца, указанная телеграмма должна содержать указание: вида нарушенных прав, подтверждения ваших прав и ваши контактные данные (организиционно-правовую форму лица, Ф.И.О.). Блокировка будет снята по истечение 15 дней, в случае непредставления Вами в Адвокатский кабинет письменных документов подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности.