Контрольная №4 по английскому, вариант 5 (Fuel Systems)
Содержимое: 40502213313153.rar (46,35 Кбайт)
Task 1. Find the answers to these questions in the text which follows:
a) What are the five actions performed by the fuel injection system?
b) What jobs must the engineer responsible for the main engine do to maintain the fuel injection system in good working order?
c) What is ships fuelling station equipped with?
d) Where is the fill pipe connected to?
e) What is an overflow arrangement needed for?
f) Why is one of the tanks called the day fuel tank?
g) What are the functions of the transfer, pump, booster pump, centrifuge and filter?
The equipment used on board a diesel-driven ship for handling and controlling fuel oil belongs to separate systems.
Fuel injection system performs the following functions: (1) it meters the quantity of the fuel required by the engine and maintains this quantity constant; (2) it injects fuel at the correct point in the cycle at all engine speeds and loads; (3) it begins and ends injection very quickly; (4) it injects fuel at the rate necessary to control combustion; (5) it atomizes fuel in the chamber of each cylinder. The most important devices of this system are high-pressure fuel pumps and fuel injection valves.
The engineer who has the main engine in his charge is responsible for the efficient operation, maintenance, adjustment and repair of the fuel injection system.
Fuel fill and transfer system has the necessary tanks, piping, valves and pumps to receive fuel oil aboard, store it and into the day tank. On either side of the main deck there is a ship’s fuelling station equipped with one or more fill pipes. Special overflow arrangements are provided for this purpose.....
Task 2. Match each item in Column «A» with an appropriate item from Column «B»
Example: 1 – i
1. overflow h) fuel pump
2. combustion i) tank
3. fill j) station
4. fuel transfer k) fuel oil
5. fuel injection l) heating coils
6. high pressure m) pipes
7. day n) valve
8. heavy o) chamber
9. fuelling p) arrangement
10. steam q) pump
Task 3. Put the words in the right order to form a question.
r) fuel what injection system functions does perform?
s) efficient the is adjustment to and injection maintenance repair of provide system who operation fuel?
t) parts fuel and system what fill does transfer consist of?
u) are ships storage in located where tanks most?
v) heavy what coils the fuel tanks are with for oil provided?
w) tank to fuel responsibility is a transfer storage a from tank to settling whose oil?
x) oil HFO through why strainer flow fuel a does and heater?
Task 4. Complete the text with the correct form of the verb from the box. Some of the verbs are used twice or even three times.
affect contaminate may be increase occur cause form
be allow depend on burn take place
Frictional wear ______ the materials used in the liner and in the piston rings. It ______ between the sliding surfaces of the cylinder liner and the piston rings. It ______ between the sliding surfaces of the cylinder liner and the piston rings. It ______ by inefficient lubrication of the cylinder or by overloading the engine. In addition, engine operating conditions also ______ frictional wear. For example, frictional wear ______ if the air and f
Task 5. Make these sentences Passive.
1) Fuel injection system perform five functions.
2) Fuel fill and transfer system includes tanks, piping, valves and pumps.
3) Steam coils provides heating of HFO.
4) The 3-rd engineer transfers the fuel oil from a storage tank to settling tank daily.
5) A fuel service pump discharges HFO.
6) A booster pump supplies fuel oil to the high-pressure fuel pumps.
Task 6. Explain the function of these objects:
tanks (storage, settling, day);
pumps (transfer, booster, high pressure, fuel pumps);
strainers and filters.
Task 7. What maintenance do all above mentioned arrangements require daily, weekly, monthly (use your knowledge of engineering and experience).
Task 8. Write a brief description of ’’Internal Combustion Engine’’. It must consist of some paragraphs. Your description should answer these questions.
What is it?
What are its characteristics?
What is the difference between cross-head and trunk-piston types engines?
Task 9. Translate the following piece of instruction.
Effect Cause Where to look Remedy
Engine refuses to start 1.No fuel Supply tank Fill tank
Supply tank valve Open valve
2. Starting air pressure too low Starting air pressure gauge Start air compressor; recharge reservoir
3. Air in fuel line or pump Fuel pump Prime fuel pump; check line for leaks
4. Injection nozzles not working Nozzles Remote injectors and clean; examine spring
5. Compression low Valves Examine to see if seating properly
Pistons Examine piston rings; if supercharged, inlet filter could be dirty
6. Viscosity of oil too high Fuel tank Put on heating steam; circulate fuel lines
7. Cylinder too cold Cylinder cooling water pump Cooling water may need heating
8. Injection timing wrong Fuel pump Adjust
Engine starts on air but refuses to pick up firing 1. Valve open Inlet exhaust valve Free, if stuck
2. Fuel system air locked Fuel pipes Prime fuel pumps and test
3. Filter Choked Fuel filter Turn on № 2 filter; clean № 1 filter
4. Fuel injector filter choked Fuel injector Remove filter; fit spare filter
5. Fuel pump set incorrectly Fuel pump timing gear Reset fuel pump
6. Level of oil in service tank too low Service tank gauge Refill service tank and prime fuel pumps
Engine slows down or stops 1. Governor gear defective Governor and linkage Check setting of governor
2. Fuel injector delivering too little fuel Fuel pump Adjust
Injector Put in new injector
3. Water in fuel oil Filter Turn № 2 filter; clean № 1 filter
4. Overloading Gauges Look at all gauges; reduce load
5. Unequal load being developed in one cylinder Exhaust temperatures Adjust fuel supply to low cylinder; check injector nozzle and fuel pump delivery valve
6. Stoppage of cooling water Circulating pump Regrind pump gland; reset heat exchanger thermostat
Engine runs fast 1. Governor gear out of order Governor and governor links Clean oil and reset; check connections
2. Fuel pump not responding to governor Fuel pump Examine fuel pump to governor joint
Engine works irregularly 1. Governor gear out of order Governor and linkage Examine, clean and oil
2. Water in fuel Fuel filter Change over filter
3. Overloading All gauges Adjust where necessary
4. Fuel pump valve leaking Fuel pump Delivery valve may be stuck open
5. Fuel pump sticking Fuel pump Check spring; clean pump plunger
6.Fuel delivery differs Injectors Adjust until all inject at same pressure
|1 мес||3 мес||12 мес|
В целях исключения необоснованных и заведомо ложных сообщений о фактах нарушения указанных прав, администрация будет отказывать в предоставлении услуг на торговой площадке Plati, только после получения от Вас письменных заявлений о нарушении с приложением копий документов, подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности, по адресу: 123007, г. Москва, Малый Калужский пер. д.4, стр.3, Адвокатский кабинет «АКАР №380».
В целях оперативного реагирования на нарушения Ваших прав и необходимости блокировки действий недобросовестных продавцов, Plati просит Вас направить заверенную телеграмму, которая будет являться основанием для блокировки действий продавца, указанная телеграмма должна содержать указание: вида нарушенных прав, подтверждения ваших прав и ваши контактные данные (организиционно-правовую форму лица, Ф.И.О.). Блокировка будет снята по истечение 15 дней, в случае непредставления Вами в Адвокатский кабинет письменных документов подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности.