Зачетная работа по курсу «Деловой английский язык»
Содержимое: 41123195555907.rar (41,51 Кбайт)
1. Make pairs of formal expressions and their informal equivalents:
1. The meeting will be held on...
2. I would be pleased to take you out to lunch.
3. I think it would be a good idea if we met to discuss this further.
4. I would be pleased to make an appointment...
5. I would be grateful if you could...
6. I regret to inform you that I shall be unable to make the appointment.
7. Would it be possible to set up another meeting?
8. I would like to suggest that we put back the meeting.
9. Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.
10. If it were convenient.
11. I look forward to receiving confirmation of these arrangements.
12. As requested, I have set up a meeting.
13. We look forward to seeing you on Friday.
14. That would be convenient. a) That suits me.
b) Could we organise another meeting?
c) I would like to make an appointment.
d) See you on Friday, then.
e) If that suits you.
f) I am sorry about this.
g) I´m afraid I cannot make the appointment.
h) We are having a meeting on...
i) I have fixed a meeting.
j) Perhaps we should discuss this more.
k) Could we postpone the meeting?
l) Could you possibly / could you...?
m) Please confirm these arrangements.
n) Would you like to meet for lunch?
2. Restore the dialog choosing the proper order of sentences:
a) Good morning, Smith & Smythe Bros.
b) Thank you for calling. Goodbye.
c) I´ll leave a message, then.
d) ... be back?
e) or can I take a message?
f) I´m sorry but Mr. Jones will be late for the meeting this afternoon.
g) Hello, I´d like to...
h) ... he´s not in the office at the moment.
i) I´m sorry...
j) I´ll make sure...
k) Would you like to call back...
1) Thank you, goodbye.
m) Could you tell him that...
n) ... Mr. Jones will arrive at half past three, and not a quarter past three?
o) How can I help you?
p) ... he gets the message.
q) Not until lunchtime, I´m afraid.
r) When will he...
s) ... speak to Bill Smith, please.
3. Which of the following responses should be used both to protect the privacy of the office staff and to give a more tactful response when the called party is not in? Match the phrases:
What You Mean: Tell the Caller:
1) "I don´t know where he is." a) "I expect him shortly. Would you like to leave a message on his voicemail?"
2) "He is in the men´s room." b) "She is out of the office for the day. Can someone else help you or would you like her voicemail?"
3) "He hasn´t come in yet." c) "She is unavailable at the moment. Would you like to leave a message on her voicemail?"
4) "She took the day off." d) "He has stepped out of the office. Would you like to leave a message on his voicemail?"
5) "He doesn´t want to be disturbed." e) "He is not in the office at the moment. Would you like to leave a message on his voicemail?"
6) "She is busy" f) "He is unavailable at the moment. Would you like to leave a message on his voicemail?"
4. Fill in the blanks:
1) I´d like to ... an appointment with Mr. Sevral. a) convenient / suitable
2) I think we should ... a meeting. b) bring forward / put back
3) I ... be pleased to meet your new Personnel Director. c) afraid
4) Would 4pm be ...? d) inconvenience
5) I would be .... if you could reserve me a hotel room. e) set up
6) Please accept my apologies for this .... f) grateful
7) I regret to inform you that I have to ... the meeting. g) make
8) Could we possibly .... our meeting to Friday? h) forward
9) I look ... to receiving confirmation of these dates. i) would
10) I am .... I shall be away that day. j) cancel
5. Match the words to form collocations:
1. quality a) team
2. brand b) campaign
3. advertising c) figures
4. human d) slogan
5. glossy e) image
1. marketing a) customers
2. sales b) resources
3. market c) policy
4. catchy d) control
5. consumer e) offer
6. target f) magazines
7. trial g) advertising
8. company h) research
6. Choose the word that best completes each sentence:
1. Market research is a way of finding out what customers really want.
a) questionnaire b) research
2. Feng Shui is based on peaceful use of space and is supposed to aid productivity.
a) common sense b) peaceful
. It is taken seriously by businesses in Hong Kong.
a) taken b) thought
4. Clients in Britain may not be familiar with it.
a) open b) familiar
5. A presence of clientele will be tested to find out how Feng Shui might be received.
a) cross section b) presence
6. The sample will be highlighted to include potential clients.
a) highlighted b) enlarged
7. Is it true or false?
1. Sincerely yours is more common in American English than in British English. True/False
2. Yours truly is more common in American English than in British English. True/False
3. You put the address of the person you are writing to in the top right hand corner of the letter. True/False
4. If you don’t know the person’s name, sign off with Yours faithfully. True/False
5. It is correct to finish the letter with I look forward to hear from you. True/False
6. 2/3/06 is a good way to write the date. True/False
7. Print your name above your signature. True/False
8. In the first paragraph you should write a few polite lines to express your admiration of the person you are writing to. True/False
9. The first paragraph should simply contain the reason for your letter. True/False
10. The last paragraph should state what action you expect the person to take. True/False
11. Dear Mr. Michael Brown is a correct way to start a letter. True/False
8. Choose the appropriate statements concerning formal e-mail letters:
1) Use an informative subject line, which says what the email is about.
2) Write ‘hello’ as your subject line.
3) Write the most important information first.
4) Write about irrelevant issues.
5) Use numbers and bullet points to make the message clearer.
6) Use simple grammar. Avoid things like the passive.
7) Give personal information that you don’t want anyone else to know.
8) Use different fonts in the email.
9) Use paragraphs to keep the email clear and easy to understand.
10) Use abbreviations like COZ and UNI.
9. Make pairs of formal expressions and their informal equivalents:
1) Sorry about the late delivery. a) Please do not hesitate to contact us.
2) If you need more information... b) We received delivery this morning.
3) Best regards. c) I would be grateful if you could...
4) In a different envelope. d) Please find enclosed a copy of...
5) Sorry about the mistake. e) Dear Sir/ Dear Mr. Haus.
6) I´m sorry, but it´s not possible. f) Please acknowledge receipt of the parcel.
7) Soon g) I look forward to seeing you.
15) Could you find out what is going on? o) We are writing to thank you for your letter dated...
16) Please send us your samples. p) Yours faithfully / Yours sincerely.
17) I hope to hear from you. q) I would be grateful if you could send us some samples.
18) We will give you a 5% discount. r) Should you require further information...
19) Here is a copy of... s) Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
10 Match the words with their translation.
1) resume а) работодатель
2) curriculum Vitae, CV b) собеседование
3) references c) изучение рынка рабочих мес
|1 мес||3 мес||12 мес|
В целях исключения необоснованных и заведомо ложных сообщений о фактах нарушения указанных прав, администрация будет отказывать в предоставлении услуг на торговой площадке Plati, только после получения от Вас письменных заявлений о нарушении с приложением копий документов, подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности, по адресу: 123007, г. Москва, Малый Калужский пер. д.4, стр.3, Адвокатский кабинет «АКАР №380».
В целях оперативного реагирования на нарушения Ваших прав и необходимости блокировки действий недобросовестных продавцов, Plati просит Вас направить заверенную телеграмму, которая будет являться основанием для блокировки действий продавца, указанная телеграмма должна содержать указание: вида нарушенных прав, подтверждения ваших прав и ваши контактные данные (организиционно-правовую форму лица, Ф.И.О.). Блокировка будет снята по истечение 15 дней, в случае непредставления Вами в Адвокатский кабинет письменных документов подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности.