Контрольная работа №1
1. Прочтите текст и ответьте на следующие вопросы:
1. What countries use distance education?
2. What are the advantages of distance education?
Distance education over the world
1. Distance education over the world has the history of more than 100 years. But it gained popularity only after 1970’s.
2. Many countries like China, England, Japan, Russia, Spain and the USA used this method, especially in higher education.
3. For example, the Open University in England has more than 80,000 students who take about 140 courses per year. This university has 260 local teaching and 13 regional information centres.
4. Such factors as age, place, daily activity do not serve as limiting factors in distance education. Distance education has two main advantages over traditional classroom education. The first advantage is a solution to the problem of teaching staff shortage and the second one is the low cost of education which gives many people an opportunity to receive higher eructation.
5. It is a system of education for different people at any age. This education allows each student to have an individual scheme of study.
2. Переведите в письменной форме абзацы 1, 2, 4.
3. Выберите нужную форму глагола to be и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. He (is, was, will be) at the lecture yesterday.
2. The test (is, was, will be) difficult.
3. They (are, were, will be) second-year students next year.
4. Напишите предложения в вопросительной, а затем в отрицательной форме и переведите их на русский язык:
1. They had an English lesson yesterday.
2. Students will have five exams in June.
3. This university has a distance education department.
5. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках в Past Indefinite Tense (прошедшее неопределенное время):
1. They (to study) many subjects last year.
2. He (to enter) the university in 1998.
3. I (to go) to the university by bus.
6. Составьте три предложения, используя слова, данные в колонках, переведите их на русский язык:
There is a college in our town.
There are fifteen schools
7. Заполните пропуски предлогами по смыслу:
1. English was difficult ... me in the first term.
2. There are three terms ... a school year.
3. Usually our lessons begin ... 9 o’clock.