СВОДНАЯ КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА № 1
I. Подчеркните сказуемое, определите его время и залог. Предложения переведите.
1. Managers use accounting information to set goals for their organizations and to make a corrective decision.
2. This economic strategy has already started to produce results.
3. Next month they will introduce a new quality control system.
4. At present many people are investing money in property.
5. Unemployment usually rises in the winter months.
II. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на различие глаголов to be и to have:
1. The economy of the United States is the largest national economy in the world. 2. Almost every firm has one or more financial managers.
3. Russia is on its way to become a developed country within the timeframe.
4. Capital inflows were lagging behind at the end of the year. (lag behind – запаздывать)
5. The world changes and we have to change with it.
III. Подчеркните модальные глаголы или их эквиваленты. Предложения переведите:
1. The financial crisis of 2008 in Russia could result in the devastation of uncompetitive enterprises and the development of more effective.
2. Nearly 1,000 workers are to lose their jobs in a series of redundancies announced yesterday.
3. You will have to account to me for all you do.
4. The firm is allowed to be organized as a partnership or a corporation.
IV. Переведите текст с помощью словаря.
ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE OF RUSSIAN RAILWAYS
The public joint stock company «Russian Railways» (ОАО «RZhD») is the government owned railway company of Russia. The company is one of the biggest railway companies in the world with 1.3 million employees and a monopoly within Russia. The total length of track used by the Russian Railways is 85,500 kilometres. This railway company handles 80% of all passenger transport and 82% of all freight in Russia. Almost 1.3 billion passengers and 1.3 billion tons of freight travel via Russian Railways annually. The company owns around 20,000 locomotives; 25,000 passenger cars and 650,000 freight cars. Russian Railways account for over 3.6% of Russia’s GDP. Last year net income of RZhD was 145 billion rubles, freight transport income ran up to 110 billion rubles, but passenger traffic loss was 43 billion rubles.
freight – груз
run up to – достигать