I. The Present Perfect Tense
Упражнение I. Закончите предложения, используя один из предложенных глаголов во времени Present Perfect (have/has + 3 форма глагола)
break, buy, finish, do, go, lose, go, paint, read, take.
1. "Are they still having dinner?" "No, they have finished".
2. I … some new shoes. Do you want to see then?
3. "Is Tom here?" "No, he … to work".
4. "… you … the shopping?" "No, I´m going to do it later."
5. "Where´s your key?" "I don´t know. I … it.
6. Look! Somebody … that window.
7. Your house looks different. … you … it?
8. I can´t find my umbrella. Somebody … it.
9. I´m looking for Ann. Where …: she?
10. "Do you want the newspaper?" "No, thanks. I … it".
Упражнение 2. Напишите вопросы, начинающиеся со слов: Have you over...
1. (Paris) Have you ever been to Paris?
2. (play/golf) Have you ever played golf?
Yes, many times.
3. (Australia) Have …?
4. (1оsе/your passport) …. ?
5. (sleep/in a park) … ?
6. (eat/Chinese food)
Yes, a few times.
7. (New York)
8. (win/a lot of money)
9. (break/your leg)
Упражнение 3. Закончите предложения.
1. Jill is in London. She has been in London since Monday.
2. I know George. I have known him for a long time.
3. They are married. They … married since 1993.
4. John is ill. He … ill for a week.
5. We live in this house. We … here for ten years.
6. I know Tom very well. I … him since we went to school together.
7. We are waiting for you. We … waiting since 8 o’clock.
8. She has a headache. She … a headache since she got up.
Упражнение 4. Составьте вопросы, начинающиеся со слов: How long?
1. John is in London. How long has he been in London?
2. I know George. How long have you known him?
3. Mike and Ann are in Brasil. How long …?
4. My brother lives in Germany.
5. Bill is a teacher.
6. I know Margaret.
7. I have a car.
8. Linda and Frank are married.
9. Ann works in London.
Упражнение 5. Вставьте for или since.
1. She’s been in London since Monday.
2. She’s been in London for four days.
3. Mike has been ill … a long time. He’s been in hospital … October.
4. My aunt has lived in Australia … 15 years.
5. Nobody lives in these houses. They have been empty … many years.
6. Mrs. Harris is in her office. She’s been there … 7 o’clock.
Упражнение 6. Ответьте на вопросы. Используйте слова в скобках и for или ago.
1. (four days) When did he arrive in London?
Four days ago.
2. (four days) How long has she been in London?
For four days.
3. (20 years) How long have they been married?
4. (20 years) When did they get married?
5. (ten minutes) When did John arrive?
6. (two months) When did you buy these shoes?
7. (two months) How long has she been in Moscow?
8. (a long time) How long have you known Jane?
9. (an hour) What time did you have lunch?
Упражнение7. Закончите предложения, используя for или since/
1. She is in London now. She arrived there four days ago.
She has been there for four days.
2. Jack is here. He arrived here on Thursday/
He has …
3. I know Ann. I first met Ann two years ago.
4. I have a camera. I bought it in 1995.
5. They are married. They got married six months ago.
Упражнение 8. Используйте слова в скобках, отвечая на вопросы.
1. Have you ever lost your key?
(yesterday) Yes, I lost it yesterday.
2. Have you seen Alan?
(ten minutes ago) Yes, I … ten minutes ago.
3. Have you painted the gate?
(last week) Yes, we … it …
4. Has Jane gone to France?
(on Friday) Yes, she …
5. Have they had dinner?
(at 7 o’clock)
6. Has he started his new work?
Упражнение 9. Напишите вопросы, начинающиеся со слов: When …? What time …?
1. They have arrived.
What time did they arrive?
2. Bill has gone out.
What time …?
3. I’ve seen Carol.
4. She’s left her job.