Verification work on discipline "Business Foreign Language"
Task 1 of the following parts of a letter, make a business letter in accordance with the rules laid down in the topic "The structure of a business letter." Arrange a business letter you drafted on the model of p. 7. Mark the piece of writing numbers, the names of the relevant parts of a business letter, as specified in the sample.
Attention: Sales Manager
Mr Russel Scott
New Electrics Ltd
24 Adam Street
The Nut and Bolt
The goods you require will be sent by British Rail and should arrive in Littletown on 31 May 20 ...
Please let us know if we can be of any further service.
Re: Order No 56 / AJ
cc Transport Department
Your ref: RS / ac
Our ref: SP / jd 26
THE NUT AND BOLT
15 James Street, Newtown N12 9HG
Tel No: 1234-8766 Fax No: 1234-6547
Dear Mr Scott
Thank you for your order which is greatly appreciated.
21 May 20 ..
Task 2. Rewrite the proposals of the brackets by selecting the right word. Turn suggestions on the Russian language (use tables with clichés).
1) I am (writing / reading) in response to your letter of 5th April.
2) We are looking forward to (hearing / listening) from you.
3) We (enclose / give) a copy of the letter of 25th December about our laser printers.
4) If you (want / need) any further information please contact us by phone at 918-654-89-90.
5) We (welcome / thank) you for your letter of 1st June.
6) We would like to (have / consider) purchasing indoor pool.
7) We are (offering / giving) you a wide selection of watches.
8) We (enjoy / specialize) in manufacturing computers for food industry.
9) As our written contract (agreed / stipulated) you were to deliver the goods by 17th April.
10) (According to / Further to) our telephone conversation we confirm our meeting on 31st May at 5 pm
Task 3. Study the content of the letters listed below. Copy the letters, underline and highlight the bold three clichés in each of the letters (use tables), sign each sample business letter: a) an enquiry, b) an offer, c) a complaint, d) a confirmation.
Sample letter №1
Dear Ms. Haven
I would like to confirm our meeting on Monday, May 3, 2010 at 1:00 pm in your office in Unit 201 on the 3rd floor of XYZ Company Building regarding my application as Sales Executive for your company.
Your secretary, Miles Green called me yesterday regarding your request for an interview, and asked me to confirm my attendance by sending you this letter.
I was also informed to send in a copy of my transcript and my resume for your reference, and I have attached these files in this letter.
I look forward to meeting you. You may contact me at (201) 262-5477 if there are changes on our meeting.
Thank you for your interest in my application.
Sample letter №2
We are writing concerning the security locks B-701 described on page 23 of your catalogue, which we received yesterday.
We would like to know if the locks can be used on all types of windows or are only suitable for use with wooden windows. We enclose specifications of the windows we intend to fit the locks to.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sample letter №3
We specialize in manufacturing laser printers.
Since February this year we have a wide selection of printers model HG7-3650 and model HGF-3675. We hope the printers will suit all your needs.
We would be glad to accept orders to any number of laser printers. You will see that our prices are quoted CIF to South-Eastern Russian seaboard ports and we are offering a special 10% discount, with delivery within four weeks from receipt of order.
Sample letter №4
We have examined the consignment of Coffee shipped by the ss (ship) &