Task № 1. Copy writing and translating these sentences, underline the indefinite pronoun.
1. There is not anything on TV tonight.
2. Jack has not anyone to help him.
3. There is somebody at the door. Can you go and open the door.
4. One has to take foreign passport if he goes abroad.
Task № 2. Select the appropriate adjective degrees of comparison. Rewrite and translate the proposals into Russian.
1. Honesty is (the best, better, more better) policy.
2. The (oldest, older, elder) ... men declare war. But it is the youth that fight and die.
3. Of two evils choose the ... (less, little, least).
4. What's the (later, latest, last) news of today?
Task № 3. Select the desired form of the verb to be. Rewrite and translate the proposals into Russian.
1. Draughts (are, is, be) not a complicated game.
2. Scissors (am, are, is) a small tool with two sharp blades screwed together.
3. What (am, are, was) his politics? - He supported the Labour party.
4. There (is, are, has been) millions of stars within our galaxy.
Task № 4. Insert or there's it's. Rewrite and translate the proposals into Russian.
1 .. ... a fine day. Everything goes right.
2 .. ... a big crowd at the station tonight.
3 .. ... not a passion so strongly rooted in the human heart as envy.
4. Civilization will never flow backward while ... youth in the world.
Task № 5. Rewrite the sentences and translate them into Russian. Put these suggestions into question in the negative form.
1. The city of Montreal covers 70 square miles.
2. Scientists in many different countries are working to explain its mystery.
3. Recently BBC experts have invented a new system that lets the deaf understand television programs.
Task № 6. Put the verbs in parentheses in the days of group Simple (Indefinite) or Continuous. Rewrite and translate the proposals into Russian.
1. I usually (leave) work before 8 o'clock.
2. John (paint) the garage at the moment.
3. My mum (watch TV) when I came home.
4. He (work) as an engineer.
Task № 7. Put the verbs in parentheses in the days or the groups Perfect Perfect Continuous. Rewrite and translate the proposals into Russian.
1. Some time ago Jill's hair was long but now it is short. She (cut) it.
2. Our mother (cook) the dinner before we all returned.
3. We were late for the airport. The plane (start) two minutes before we came.
4. Are you still listening to music? You (listen) to it since I left for work in the morning.
Task № 8. Rewrite and translate proposals into Russian. Make a note of each verb - predicate vidovremennyh and determine its shape. Write the infinitive form of the verb.
1. All historical places of London are in the West End.
2. I have not seen Bill for a long time.
3. Can you hear a bird singing?
4. Many different languages \u200b\u200bare spoken in Europe.
5. She has been studying in the library for hours.
6. There were so many cars in the street that we could not find a parking space.
Task № 9. Rewrite and translate proposals into Russian. Emphasize modal verbs.
1. You must wear a helmet when you ride a motorcycle.
2. I had to go to the bank yesterday to get some money.
3. She got this job because she can speak five languages.
4. There were no buses yesterday evening. We had to walk home.