I. Подчеркните сказуемое, определите его время. Предложения переведите.
1. The manager entered the office, sat down at his desk, and began to look through the morning mail.
2. The postman brings us the newspaper in the morning.
3. Some visitors were waiting for the manager.
4. He will be meeting us at the station.
5. The manager will sign the letter in an hour, and I’ll post it at once.
II. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на различные функции глаголов to be и to have:
1. The task of our representative was to ship the goods immediately.
2. He is having a talk with his father in the garden.
3. We shall soon have a new radio set.
4. They have to get up early on Mondays.
5. I had my watch repaired yesterday.
III. Образуйте существительные от глаголов: to agree, to collect. Образуйте существительное от прилагательного: free. Слова переведите.
I. Подчеркните сказуемое, определите его время и залог. Предложения переведите.
1. «Poltava» was written by Pushkin in 1828.
2. The Sun attracts the planets.
3. The plan has been discussed for two hours.
5. I shall have translated the article by six o’clock.
5. He gives him English magazines.
IV. Определите функцию причастий. Переведите предложения.
1. We visited one of the largest plants producing tractors in our country.
2. He sat at the table thinking.
3. Standing on the bank of the river, he watched the dockers at work.
4. A broken chair lay on the floor.
5. This firm is interested in the purchase of automobiles produced by our plants.
V. Подчеркните модальные глаголы или их эквиваленты. Предложения переведите.
1. I can speak English.
2. He was able to swim very well when he was young.
3. She said that she might know their address.
4. You’ll have to consult a doctor.
5. They may go to the station now.