I. Read the letter:
Southern Exporters LTD.
We thank you very much for your inquiry and we are enclosing with this letter current catalogue which gives detailed information about our tyres.
We have achieved impressive results in factory and track tests of our tyres. The tyres are very reliable. Please also note the safety and fuel economy of our product.
With regard to discounts, we are allowing 25% off list prices for orders of over CanD 3,000.00.
You will see that our prices are quoted cif Western European ports.
Our usual terms of payment are cash against documents.
We would like once again to draw your attention to our competitive prices and the high quality of our goods. We will be pleased to supply any further information you require.
Yours faithfully, ...
P. Read the letter and find the following equivalents:
1. We have received your request.
2. Please find attached our catalog.
3. We got good results in the factory and field testing.
4. Pay attention to the safety and efficiency of the goods.
5. With respect to rebates, we offer 25% discount from the list price for orders in excess of ...
6. Our prices - CIF ports of Western Europe.
7. Our terms of payment - cash against documents.
8. We still want to draw your attention to ...
9. Competitive price.
10. We are pleased to send you all the necessary information.
III. Fill in the necessary prepositions:
1. We thank you ... your enquiry ... May 15th.
2. We enclose ... this letter our current price-lists and catalogues.
3. ... regard ... the quality of our product we believe that it is one ... the best.
4. We would like to draw your attention ... a discount which we give ... our regular customers.
5. Our usual terms ... payment are cash ... documents.
IV. Translate into English:
1. We thank you for your inquiry.
2. By this letter we make our latest catalog.
3. Our catalog gives detailed information about our products.
4. We have achieved good results in the production of quartz (quartz watches).
5. With regard to payment terms, our customers usually pay cash against documents.
6. Please note that our prices - CIF any American port.
7. Please note that for large orders we offer a discount on the price.
8. We will be happy to give you any information about our products
V. Finish the letter.
We thank you for your enquiry of ... and we are enclosing with this letter ...
We have achieved good results in tests of our ... and we can say our ... are very reliable. Please, also note their ...
With regard to discounts we are allowing ...
Our prices are quoted ...
Our terms of payment are ...
We would like todraw your attention to ...
We will be pleased to supply any further information ... z.
Yours faithfully, ..
Imagine that you meet a representative of the British company. At the airport, you saw a man whose appearance matches the description of the man, whom you should meet. Write sentences that reflect the following:
a) refer to it in English, and learn Is this the man that you need;
b) introduce yourself (state your name and company you represent);
c) apologized for his tardiness;
d) ask how he flew
Imagine that you came to the company representative of a foreign company. Follow these steps:
a) Introduce yourself and your employees to it.
b) ask him what company he represents; what his position; from what city he came;
c) ask him if he would like something to drink; offer him a cigarette and a cup of coffee, tea, juice and so on. n .; ask him if he would mind if you smoke.
g) assign a meeting for tomorrow and say goodbye to him.