1. Переведите текст на русский язык.
Boris is a young man of about eighteen. He lives in Moscow, the capital of Russia. Moscow is the centre of art, science and culture. There are many big museums, theatres, libraries, cinemas, stadiums, beautiful parks and squares in Moscow. You can see many buses, trolley-buses and cars in the streets of the city. There are also many different Institutes and Universities in Moscow. Boris entered the Institute of National Economy last year and now he is a first-year student. But he must work, because his family is large. So he works and studies at the same time, he is a part-time student. Many professors and teachers deliver lectures on different subjects. The program for the students includes such subjects as higher mathematics, computing, English and other subjects. The course of study lasts 5 years and after graduation from the Institute he will become an economist-manager. He will become a good specialist because he works hard.
2. Ответьте на вопросы.
1. How old is Boris?
2. Are there many big theatres and museums in Moscow?
3. What institute did Boris enter last year?
4. Is he a full-time or a part-time student?
5. What subjects does he study?
6. How long does the course of study last?
7. What specialist will Boris become after graduation from the Institute?
3. Раскройте скобки и напишите глаголы-сказуемые в соответствующем времени. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. At the end of each term the students (to take) examinations.
2. My friend (to finish) school and (to enter) Moscow Industrial University last year.
3. In some years he (to graduate) from the University and (to become) a good specialist because he works hard.
4. Заполните пропуски соответствующими предлогами.
1. I study … the economics and management faculty.
2. He leaves his house … 8 o´clock in the morning and comes back … 6 o´clock.
3. I go … the Institute … my work … the evening.
5. Напишите вторую форму (Past Indefinite) следующих глаголов и дайте их перевод.
to read, to write, to speak, to come, to get, to leave, to go, to be, to do, to have.
6. Раскройте скобки, используя соответствующий модальный глагол, и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. You (должны) cross the street only at a green light.
2. You (можете) see many buses and trolley-buses in Moscow.
3. You (разрешено) go to the theatre on finishing your work.
7. Поставьте вопросы с помощью слов, данных в скобках.
1. Professors and teachers deliver lectures on different subjects (who?)
2. My brother works at a big plant (where?)
3. He studies mathematics, computing and English (what subjects?)
8. Напишите притяжательные местоимения и дайте их перевод.