ALMETYEVSK STATE OIL INSTITUTE
VARIANT # 5
Задание 1. Прочтите текст и напишите ответы на вопросы. 1 балл (0,2×5)
1. What chief types does the system of public education in Russia include?
2. Where can the ninth form pupils continue their education?
3. What basic groups are our higher educational institutions divided into?
4. What do students study?
5. What is the role of science in the development of Russia?
ON THE STRUCTURE OF PUBLIC EDUCATION IN RUSSIA
1. Russia has a unified system of public education. The system includes compulsory secondary education and higher education.
2. In Russia children begin to go to school at the age of 7 and the first stage – primary education – lasts for three years. After the ninth form pupils have got a choice to continue their education at school for two more years or go to special secondary educational establishments.
3. The unified system of public education in Russia consists of the following chief types:
1) Compulsory general secondary education.
2) Specialized secondary education.
3) Technical vocational education.
4) Higher education.
4. Our higher educational institutions are divided into three basic groups: the universities, specialized institutions and academies.
5. The universities train highly qualified specialists in philosophy, philology, history, power engineering, economics, mathematics, physics, chemistry biology, geology, geography, and many other branches of science.
6. The specialized institutions, technical universities and academies train specialists for one of the fields of culture or national economy. The chief types are pedagogical, agricultural, medical, metallurgical, mining, civil engineering, and certain others.
7. Science has been playing and will always play the most important role in the development of the whole world and of Russia as well.
8. The application of the latest achievements in industry demands of today´s workers and engineers great knowledge and good polytechnic training. Higher educational institutions of our country must equip their students for the long road of independent work for the benefit of humanity and in actual fact our universities and institutions are doing this.
Задание 2. Найдите в тексте английские эквиваленты.
Обязательное среднее образование; специальное среднее образование (техникум, колледж); профессионально-техническое образование; отрасли науки; новейшие достижения.
Задание 3. Перепишите предложения и прокомментируйте их словами True (правильно) или False (неправильно) в соответствии с содержанием текста.
1. In Russia children begin to go to school at the age of 5.
2. Our higher educational institutions are divided into two basic groups: the universities and academies.
3. The specialized institutes train specialists for several fields of culture or national economy.
4. The chief types of the specialized institutions, technical universities and academies are pedagogical, agricultural, medical, metallurgical, mining, civil engineering, and certain others.
5. The application of the latest achievements in industry demands good polytechnic training.
Задание 4. Переведите восьмой абзац письменно.
Задание 5. Расскажите другу о себе в электронном письме (письмо личного характера).
Задание 1 Тема 1: Местоимение
а) Замените слово в скобках соответствующим местоимением. (0,1×4)
1. (Peter) likes to eat hamburgers.
2. Stay with (we).
3. They write articles for (their, theirs) institute newspaper.
4. We are going boating with some friends of (our, ours).
б) Выберите соответствующее местоимение. (0,1×6)
1. She can buy (this, these) shoes.
2. Why didn’t they buy (some, any) cheese?
3. (Somebody, Something) could benefit from this program.
4. (Who, what) is he? He is a doctor.
5. He explained them (what, that) he was speaking about.
6. The things (what,