1. Переведите следующие предложения и определите функцию и форму инфинитива:
1) To walk in bad weather is not pleasant.
2) Our task is to master English.
3) I come here to help you.
4) Some students of our Institute have been sent abroad to study English.
5) This is a good place to work in.
6) We knew the test to have been made.
7) They hope to be sent to the conference.
8) The work to be done here will take much time.
9) Helen opened the door to look into the room.
10) To enter this University requires a lot of hard work.
11) You may stay here.
12) To have met him was an event in my life.
13) The problem to be discussed at our meeting is very important.
14) I shall go for a walk after classes.
15) Mary was asked to look after the child.
2. Переведите следующие предложения и определите функцию и форму причастия:
1) He is looking for the book which he lost.
2) The street leading to our house is very wide.
3) Having read the article I do not need it any longer.
4) Cities and towns destroyed during the war were built anew.
5) Having been built two centuries ago, the house has no lift.
6) It was clear that he had given us the wrong address.
7) He speaks like a man having his opinion of every thing.
8) Walking in the park, he met his old friend.
9) The cars now being produced at our plants are very good.
10) Sometimes he is sent to New York on business.
11) When asked he brought the papers at once.
12) The machine designed by him will help us greatly.
13) He is a leading scientist in this field.
14) Given the task he began to work.
15) The lecture was attended by many people.
3. Переведите следующие предложения и определите функцию герундия:
1) Swimming in bad weather is not pleasant.
2) We discussed opening a new business.
3) There stands a reading lamp on the table.
4) Instead of going home he went to the movies.
5) I shall never forget taking that examination.
6) There are several ways of producing electricity.
7) On coming home I took a bath.
8) Thank you for coming.
9) Seeing and believing are different things.
10) He left the room without saying a word.
11) Do you mind my staying here?
12) They went on talking.
13) This scientist achieved great results by working hard at the problem.
4. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на форму герундия:
1) She thanked him for having helped her.
2) We remember having been told about the different points of view on this theory.
3) I remember having obtained these data in our previous experiments.
4) We have been sent here for mastering English.
5) I’m sorry for having missed your lecture.
6) This TV-set wants being repaired.
7) I don’t like being read to.
5. Определите являются ли выделенные слова – причастием, отглагольным существительным или герундием.
1) Knowing English well he translated the article without a dictionary.
2) He took part in the sittings.
3) She is looking at the woman sitting at the window.
4) After saying this he left the room.
5) Have you any reason for saying such things?
6) The reading of this book took two hours.
7) He sat in the arm-chair reading a newspaper.
8) My little son shows his enjoyment by crying.
9) The crying child was comforted by his nurse.
10) She stopped crying, looked up, said nothing.
6. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на сложное дополнение:
A. 1) I felt somebody touch my hand.
2) We saw the car turn round the corner.
3) I heard somebody mention his name.
4) They watch him walk up the hill.
5) Nobody noticed him disappear.
B. 1) She wanted them to read that book.
2) He would like me to go with him to the theatre.
3) Every mother wishes her child to be talented.
4) I want the matter to be settled quickly.
5) I’d like my husband to get a new job.
C. 1) We consider him to be the best pupil of our school.
2) They expected me to solve all problems.
3) We believe our basketball team to win next game.
8. Переведите предложения с субъектным инфинитивным оборотом, обращая внимание на формы инфинитива:
A. 1) Tsiolkovsky is known to have developed the theory of rocket flying.
2) The experiment was supposed to have been completed.
3) Electric current is known to flow in metal parts.
4) The solution of this problem is said not to be easy.
5) The building is reported to have been damaged by fire.
B. 1) The match proved to be final.
2) The new approach to the problem appears to be the most satisfactory.
3) The laser beam seems to have almost unlimited industrial possibilities.
4) She didn’t seem to have heard what I said.
5) He turned out to be a good chess-player.
C. 1) The application of this device is certain to give better results.
2) He is likely to be given this work.
3) This important problem is sure to be settled very soon.
4) We are not likely to meet often.
5) We are sure to learn of it.
D. 1) They were ordered to leave the hall.
2) The singer was asked to repeat the song.
3) He was made to put on his coat.
4) She was allowed to walk Sunday afternoons.
5) The child was forced to drink some of the medicine.
9. Замените сложноподчиненные предложения простыми, употребив сложное подлежащее:
Образец: It is considered that the program of experiments has been approved.
The program of experiments is considered to have been approved.
1) It is said that the delegation has arrived.
2) It is believed that the weather will change.
3) It seems that he has many difficulties in his work.
4) It is expected that he is working at this problem.
5) It is said that the solution of this problem is not easy.
6) It is believed that the flight was completed yesterday.
7) It is supposed that he has completed his research.
8) It is reported that our football team has won the match.
9) It is turned out that he hasn’t yet married.
10) It is known that P.N. Yablochkov invented the “Russian light”.
10. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на предложный инфинитивный оборот:
1) Everybody waited for the meeting to start.
2) It was late for us to begin discussing this question.
3) It won’t be too difficult for you to write the letter in English.
4) This question is for Mr. Smith to decide.
5) The most difficult thing for him to do was to attend lectures on history.
6) It was important for us to solve this problem as soon as possible.
7) Everybody waited for the new data of the test to be published.
8) This theorem was for you to prove.
9) The children waited for the teacher to come.
10) These are the books for you to read in summer.
11. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык:
1) Inspecting the motor, the engineer made some valuable remarks.
2) Having done a number of operations, the machine stopped automatically.
3) Translating the article, the student used some dictionaries.
4) After the teacher had explained the new grammar rule, he asked the students to do some written exercises.
5) Having received your message, I answered it at once.
6) When the engineer tested the engine, he applied new methods.
12. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на независимый причастный оборот:
1) It being warm, the children went for a walk.
2) The students wrote their English test-paper, each doing his variant.
3) My father being very ill, I had to send for the doctor.
4) The text was not difficult, many words having been learned before.
5) It being very late, we had to return home.
6) There being no more questions to be discussed at the meeting, the chairman declared it closed.
7) The concert was followed by a dance, many people staying for it.
8) The weather permitting, we shall start tomorrow.
9) With the temperature falling rapidly and the wind getting stronger, we were not able to carry on scientific investigations.
10) The article being ready, I shall show it to you.
Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст.
В целях противодействия нарушению авторских прав и права собственности, а также исключения необоснованных обвинений в адрес администрации сайта о пособничестве такому нарушению, администрация торговой площадки Plati (http://www.plati.com) обращается к Вам с просьбой - в случае обнаружения нарушений на торговой площадке Plati, незамедлительно информировать нас по адресу email@example.com
о факте такого нарушения и предоставить нам достоверную информацию, подтверждающую Ваши авторские права или права собственности. В письме обязательно укажите ваши контактные реквизиты (Ф.И.О., телефон).
В целях исключения необоснованных и заведомо ложных сообщений о фактах нарушения указанных прав, администрация будет отказывать в предоставлении услуг на торговой площадке Plati, только после получения от Вас письменных заявлений о нарушении с приложением копий документов, подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности, по адресу: 123007, г. Москва, Малый Калужский пер. д.4, стр.3, Адвокатский кабинет «АКАР №380».
В целях оперативного реагирования на нарушения Ваших прав и необходимости блокировки действий недобросовестных продавцов, Plati просит Вас направить заверенную телеграмму, которая будет являться основанием для блокировки действий продавца, указанная телеграмма должна содержать указание: вида нарушенных прав, подтверждения ваших прав и ваши контактные данные (организиционно-правовую форму лица, Ф.И.О.). Блокировка будет снята по истечение 15 дней, в случае непредставления Вами в Адвокатский кабинет письменных документов подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности.