Вариант № 3.
1. Перепишите и переведите предложение. Определите, какую функцию выполняет окончание - s в словах с этим окончанием, т. е. служит ли оно:
а) показателем 3-го лица единственного числа глагола в Present Indefinite;
б) признаком множественного числа имени существительного;
в) показателем притяжательного падежа имени существительного.
1) The author mentions this phenomenon in his article.
2) In autumn the leaves turn yellow and reddish, and fall to the ground.
3) Last month my friend read a very interesting book on London´s history.
2. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая внимание на определения, выраженные именем существительным.
1) Novopolotsk is a young people town.
2) Last summer holidays we spent on the Black Sea.
3) Cricket is played in schools, colleges, universities and by club teams all over the country.
3. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая внимание на перевод неопределенных и отрицательных местоимений.
1) There are some educational institutions in this city.
2) Almost any building in Yaroslavl is attractive.
3) No student of that group studies French.
4. Перепишите предложения. Подчеркните сказуемое, видовременную форму. Переведите предложения.
1) She wrote two letters yesterday.
2) My sister will help me to cook breakfast.
3) They have many English books at home.
5. Переведите текст (письменно).
THE WEATHER IN ENGLAND
In England the weather is very changeable; a fine morning may change into a wet afternoon and evening. And a miserable morning may change to a fine afternoon.
The two worst months in Britain are January and February. One may get many cold wet days one after the other. The best place in the world then is at home by the big fire.
In winter the snow falls and covers the streets and fields. Boys like snow; they make balls of it and go "snowballing"—throwing them at passers-by or at one another. Sometimes the members of a family go out and make a big figure of snow—a snow-man. They put an old pipe in its mouth and a hat on its head.
When two Englishmen meet they often begin their conversation talking about the weather. The weather is always a topic for conversation and a good one. They do this because they do not know each other well enough to talk about personal matters; they may not wish to talk about politics until they know each other better, so they are glad to have a topic about which they cannot quarrel with each other.
6. Дополните диалог, используя предложения под чертой.
Staying at a Hotel.
R. Good afternoon, sir. What can I do for you?
R. Wait a minute, please. I´ll check it. Yes, that´s right. One single room with private bath from today. Will Mr. Borisov register, please?
R. Your name and address, please.
R. Bed and breakfast is fifty euro.
R. Yes, of course.
R. Breakfast is served from 7 to 9. Here is your key.
1.) What´s the rate for a single room with a bath?
2.) Good afternoon. We have reserved accommodation for Mr. Borisov at your hotel.
3.) What time is breakfast served here?
4.) Thank you very much.
5.) Is there a TV set and a telephone in the room?
6.) What shall I write in the arrival card?