Task I: Прочитайте и переведите письменно 3и 4 абзацы.
A letter from my London friend.
I live in a house. It is a big house. Like many English houses it is a two-storey brick building with a garden around it. On the ground floor we have a sitting room, a dining room and a kitchen. The kitchen is rather big and comfortable. My daughter Alice helps me to cook in the kitchen.
When we have guests we have dinner in the dining room. After dinner we usually go to the sitting room. Our sitting room is very cosy. Three isn’t much furniture in it. There is a sofa opposite the fireplace and two armchairs near it. There are some pictures on the walls. In the middle of the room there is a big carpet. We have a TV set in the corner. Father likes to watch TV in the evenings.
Our bedrooms are upstairs, on the first floor. There are not many things in our bedroom. There are only two beds, a mirror, a dressing table and a wardrobe in it. We have two bedrooms for guests. They are rather small. Our bedrooms are cold. In winter we heat them because there is no central heating. Few people have central heating in their own houses.
My husband’s study room is downstairs. It faces the garden. It is light and spacious. There are a lot of books in the bookcases and a lot of paper on the desk. There is also a computer on his desk. There are a few chairs in his room. It is my husband’s favourite room.
I like my house. It is my home.
Task II: Ответьте на вопросы по тексту.
1. Where are the bedroom?
2. What is there in the bedroom?
3. Why are the bedrooms cold?
4. Where does my husbands study face?
5. What is thre in his desk?
Task III: Употребите правильный вариант.
1. Is there a … in your sitting room? (bath, desk, TV set) 2. We have a table and some … in the dining room. (chairs, bookshelves, beds) 3. Have you any bookshelves in your…? (kitchen, garden, study room) 4. They have no … on Sunday. (visitors, teachers, students) 5. They two … near the fireplace. (beds, armchairs, tables) 6. … the sofa he has a bookcase. (under, to the right of, over)
Task IV: Употребите глагол “to have” в правильной форме.
1. He … a large family. 2. He … two pets at home. 3. They … a very nice flat in Moscow. 4. Peter … many friends at school. 5. You … many English books at home. 6. … she any brothers or sisters? – Yes, she … two brothers and a sister. 7. My mother … tree children. 8. I … two cousins, an aunt and an uncle.
Task V: Закончите следующие предложения.
1. In the corner of the room there is…
2. When we get up we in the morning we go to ….
3. Our bedrooms are … .
4. My kitchen faces ….
5. There is a TV set in the …
6. Behind the house there is …
7. There is … in his study room.
8. There are … in my flat.
9. Our sitting room is very…
10. We have breakfast in the …
Task VI: Употребите “much”, “many”, “little”, “few”
1. I am busy now. I have … time. 2. We know … English and American songs. 3. There is not … milk in the fridge. 4. There are … rooms in the house. 5. Does she read…? 6. Are there … bedrooms in your house? 7. …people know Chinese. 8. … people learn English. 9. Nick has … English books but very … Russian books. 10. There is … light in that room, because there are … windows in it. 11. She talks, but does…. 12. Is there … or … furniture in your new flat?
Task VII: Переведите на английский язык.
1. В квартире есть мебель? – Да, есть стол, диван, два кресла, несколько стульев и книжный шкаф. 2. В доме центральное отопление, но внизу также камин. 3. Квартира темная. В ней мало окон, окна выходят в сад.