Контрольная работа № 2.
II. Лексико-грамматические упражнения и тексты.
1. Образуйте степени сравнения прилагательных и наречий.
big, wonderful, good, nice, small, beautiful, well, cold, badly, tall, warm, fast.
2. Назовите исходную форму прилагательных и наречий.
earliest, worse, most, best, largest, shorter, busier, less better, least nicer, longest, hottest.
3. Образуйте нужную степень сравнения прилагательных и наречий, данных в скобках.
1) Petrov is the (good) student in the group. 2) My friend got a (high) mark at the examination in chemistry than I. 3) Chemistry is as (difficult) as Botany. 4) The rate of the former reaction in the presence of excess of air oxygen is 5 times (great) than the latter one. 5) Pharmacology is not so (easy) as you say. 6) The difference between duplicates was always (less) than 0,5 %.
4. Раскройте скобки, поставьте глагол в Present, Past or Future Continuous.
1) Pharmaceutical students (to carry out) an interesting experiment in laboratory now. 2) Yesterday at 3 p.m. the professor (to deliver) a lecture in Chemistry. 3) Look! The water (to boil). 4) Tomorrow at 10 a.m. I (to take part) in an interesting chemical experiment. 5) When I entered the laboratory all the students (to dispense) drugs. 6) My friend (to mix) powders.
5. Употребите в следующих предложениях Present, Past или Future Perfect и переведите их.
l) We (to use) often alcohol diluted with water as a solvent. 2) By 1906 a famous Russian scientist M. Tswett (to develop) a new method of establishing impurities which was called chromatography. 3) It is clear that the chemical reaction (to change) the composition and characteristic or specific properties of this substance. 4) The reverse process (to take place) after the amino-acid molecules linked together in chains. 5) The progressive decrease in the molecular complex (to stop) by the end of the reaction. 6) Complete hydrolysis of proteins (to change) their properties.
6. Переведите предложения на русский язык. Определите время глагола-сказуемого каждого предложения.
1) Не is pouring water into a test-tube now. 2) I have prepared everything for the experiment 3) The most interesting changes were taking place when we raised the temperature above 60* C. 4) The chemist will have estimated the molecular weights of these proteins all day long tomorrow. 6) When the temperature had risen above 60-80´C it produced a marked change in protein structure.
7. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык. Определите время глагола-сказуемого.
1) Many experiments are carried out by the pharmaceutical students during their studies. 2) Drug effects will be described after a number of experiments. 3) It is known that morphine was isolated after a number of experiments. 4) Were chemical and physical properties of inorganic substances thoroughly studied during last practical classes in chemistry? 5) Galenical preparations will be produced according to the needs of medical knowledge. 6) Sodium salts are prepared from the carbonate or hydroxide.
8. Доставьте глагол, данный в скобках, в Present Past или Future Indefinite Passive.
1) The compounds of sodium and potassium very widely (to employ) in pharmacy. 2) These methods (to introduce) to pharmaceutical industry some years ago. 3) The experiment (to carry out) in two months. 4) I think the reaction (to follow) by temperature rise. 5) Great attention in his lectures (to give) to organic chemistry. 6) The Fahrenheit scale (to introduce) into science in die eighteenth century.
9. Поставьте следующие предложения в пассивный залог.
Model: Chemists call these compounds metals. - These compounds are called metals by chemists.
1) They discussed the results of the reaction yesterday. 2) A discussion will follow the lecture. 3) We began the experiment in the morning. 4) The great affinity for oxygen distinguishes the metals. 5) The professor will comment upon new data in this article. 6) After each lesson we ventilate....