Упражнение 7. Найдите подлежащее независимого причастного оборота, переведите предложения.
A. 1. The room being dark, we couldn’t see anything.
2. The book being translated into many languages, everybody will be able to read it.
3. Peter having passed his exams, we decided to have a rest in the country.
4. We went for a walk, our dog running in front of us.
5. The testwork having been written, we gave it to the teacher and left the room.
6. They having arrived at the station early, all of us went to the café.
7. My friends decided to go to the park, the weather being warm and sunny.
8. Our library buying all the new books, we needn’t buy them ourselves.
9. The fuel burnt out, the engine stopped.
10. Many scientists worked in the field of mechanics before Newton, the most outstanding being Galileo.
B. 1. Numerous experiments having been carried out at the orbital stations, it became possible to develop new methods of industrial production of new materials.
2. President Jefferson having offered his personal library, the foundation of Library of Congress was laid.
3. Anthony Panizzi designed the Reading Room of the British Museum, the Reading Room being a perfect circle.
4. A beam of light being transmitted forwards, it is possible to measure the distance between the car and the other cars in front of it.
5. The distance having been measured, the computer adjusts the car’s speed.
6. The metallurgists produced a new superplastic metal, the new steel showing properties identical to Damascus steel.
7. The young physicist having discovered Newton’s error, other scientists confirmed it.
8. The first TV sets having been shown in New York, the news about it spread throughout the world.
C. 1. With the first steam engine built in the 17-th century, people began to use them in factories.
2. The inventor was demonstrating his new device, with the workers watching its operation attentively.
3. With his numerous experiments being over, Newton was able to write his work very quickly.
4. With the current being switched on, the machine automatically starts operating.