V. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на перевод неопреде¬ленных и отрицательных местоимений.
1. We saw no old building in Novopolotsk.
2. Almost any building of Moscow is attractive.
3. There are some educational institutions in Tomsk.
VI. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркни¬те в каждом из них модальный глагол или его эквивалент; предложения переведите
1. We can think of heat as a special form of kinetic energy.
2. A computer should solve complicated problems many mil¬lions of times faster than a mathematician.
3. New types of plastics had to be obtained for space technol¬ogy.
4. You will have to repeat the material of the lectures before the exam.
VII. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значе¬ния слова IT
1. It is late.
2. We are students of a civil engineering institute. It trains civil engineers.
3. It is impossible to live without water.
4. In the Middle Ages it was supposed that the Moon had a smooth crystalline surface.
VIII. Прочитайте и устно переведите с 1-го по 3-й абзацы текста. Перепишите и письменно переведите 2-й и 3-й аб¬зацы
1. The face of Moscow has changed in recent years. Considerable attention is paid to the city centre. According to the General Plan Moscow will become one of the most beautiful cities in the world. One can gain a better appreciation of the beauty of the Moskva river with its graceful curving embankments surrounded by the new tall buildings so clearly visible from different parts of the new city.
2. According to this plan Moscow is divided into 8 zones. Each zone will have its centre and all these centres will be connected with the main one. New wide thoroughfares have come into being. Old houses of no artistic value are to be replaced by new ones. In keeping with tradition, the south - western section will house mostly higher schools, research institutes and design bureaus.
3. Rows of full-grown lime trees have sprung up on either side of the streets. The green spaces in the city will be greatly extended. Many small parks with a mass of trees and bushes, carpets of flowers and fountains have appeared. New parks will be laid in Moscow. Particular attention is paid to the forest and green belt around the city that will serve as a link between the urban and natural landscape, improve the climate and make the city more attractive. There is no other city whose appearance changes so quickly as that of Moscow. Architects and builders are successfully carrying out the great task of reconstruction of Moscow.
XI. Прочитайте 1-й абзац и ответьте письменно на вопрос:
What part of Moscow is paid considerable attention to?