Exercise 1. Выберите правильную форму глаголов и переведите предложения
1. The children taught / were taught Italian.
2. This problem will discuss / will be discussed at the conference.
3. The president interviewed / was interviewed on French TV.
4. Teachers have given / have been given a new pay rise by the government.
5. Walt Disney created / was created the cartoon character of Mickey Mouse.
6. The firm has been making / has been made dresses for twenty
7. Many new houses have been built / have built this year.
Exercise 2. Задайте вопросы, используя вопросительные слова в скобках.
Example: Russian is spoken all over our count¬ry. (Where?)
Where is Russian spoken in our co¬untry?
1. Beautiful girls are often envied (what girls?).
2. Watches are made of gold and metal. (What ... of?)
3. The report on Byron´s poetry was made in Sep¬tember. (When?)
4. This novel was written by Leskov. (Who ... by?)
5. The ship was built in Germany. (Where?)
6. The man has been operated on the heart.(What ... on?)
7. Summer plans will be discussed after our exams. (What?)
Exercise3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present, Past или Future Simple Passive.
1. Bread (to eat) every day. 2. The letter (to receive) yesterday. 3. Nick (to send) to Moscow next week. 4. I (to ask) at the lesson yesterday. 5. I (to give) a very interesting book at the library last Friday. 6. Many houses (to build) in our town every year. 7. This work (to do) tomorrow. 8. This text (to translate) at the last lesson. 9. These trees (to plant) last autumn. 10. Many interesting games always (to play) at our PT lessons. 11. This bone (to give) to my dog tomorrow. 12. We (to invite) to a concert last Saturday. 13. My question (to answer) yesterday. 14. Hockey (to play) in winter. 15. Mushrooms (to gather) in autumn. 16. Many houses (to burn) during the Great Fire of London. 17. His new book (to finish) next year. 18. Flowers (to sell) in shops and in the streets. 19. St. Petersburg (to found) in 1703.
Exercise 4. Составьте предложения, используя the Present or Past Continuous Passive следующих глаголов:
paint, steal, repair, clean, follow, take
Example: Mr. Brown сan´t use his office as it is being redecorated.
1. I сan´t wear my suit on Saturday. It ...
2. The room looks dirty. It ...
3. We сan´t use the Xerox this morning. It ...
4. Then I found out that I’m not alone. I ...
5. We saw Mike in the morning. He ... to hospital.
Exercise 5. Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice.
1. You must do three of these exercises tomorrow. 2. You can find the book you need in any library. 3. We must send these letters at once. 4. You must take the box to the station. 5. You can cross the river on a raft. 6. The workers сan finish the building of the house very soon. 7. You must return the books the day after tomorrow. 8. I can easily forgive this mistake. 9. You can find such berries everywhere. 10. You must do this work very carefully. 11. The doctor says they must take her to hospital. 12. You can do the work in three days. 13. The students must return all the library books before each summer vacation. 14. Monkeys can climb even the tallest frees.
Exercise 6. Вставьте местоимения личные или притяжательные
1 Mary said, ´I want to go out with my friends.´
Mary said (that) ...she.., wanted to go out with...her... friends,
2 Tom said, ´I have lost my keys,´
said (that) had lost keys.
3 Bob and Marie said, ´We are taking our dog for a walk.´
Bob and Marie said (that) … were taking……dog for a walk.
4 Andrew said, ´My sister is coming to visit me next week.
5 Andrew said (that)……. need to buy a present for my wife.
Mr Jones said (that) ..needed to buy a pre¬sent for…… wife.
6 Father said, ´I want you to wash my car for me/
Father said (that) wanted to wash…….. car for…