Английский, вариант 2 (Training global managers)
Содержимое: 50302234809000.rar (44,56 Кбайт)
I. Раскройте скобки, употребив прилагательное в нужной степени сравнения, Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Norway has (small) number of McDonald’s restaurants.
2. Thanks to the ring rood there is much (little) traffic in the town centre.
3. Tokyo is (expensive) city in the world.
4. There will be (few) opportunities for growth next year than this one.
5. Metro is the world’s second (big) retailer after Wal-Mart-Stores of the USA.
II. Выберите правильный вариант. Переведите предложения.
1. A Volkswagen isn’t ... as Mercedes.
b) as expensive as
b) the same expensive as
2. ... people join Trade Unions as they used to.
b) not as much
b) not so many
III. Выберите правильную форму сказуемого в следующих условных предложениях 1-го типе. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Your profits will fall /fall, if consumers will stop/stop buying your products.
2. If you will work/work hard, the company will give / gives you promotion to a more responsible position.
3. If we pay/will pay within 30 days, will/ do you drop the price?
4. We won’t sign/sign the contract, unless they accept/don’t accept our terms.
5. Many customers won’t buy /don’t buy products, if companies won’t /don’t test them on animals.
IV. Выберите правильную форму сказуемого в следующих условных предложениях 2-го типа. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. If you would order / ordered 100 units, we could give/will give you a discount of 10%.
2. If the factory shut /would shut, over 200 people would/will lose their jobs.
3. If I were/would be you, I will / would find a better job.
4. I would miss/missed the personal contact, if I would never see / never saw my colleagues.
5. How will/would you react to increases in demand if you were / would be a producer?
V. Выберите модальный глагол. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. We ... to call off the office party because of the economic situation.
a. must b. had c. have to
2. Good leadership is important because it ... change people’s ideas.
a. can b. has to c. must
3. The car is too expensive. We ... afford it.
a. mustn’t b. don’t have to c. can’t
4. I haven’t got enough money. ... you lend me some?
a. must b. may c. could
5. You ... fill in this form and return it to the personnel manager as soon as possible.
a. have to b. may c. can
6. The company ... help with the local education of young people.
a. ought b. should c. allowed
7. I need more money. I ... change my job.
8. We ... so dress formally for work.
VI. Вставьте глаголы have to, don’t have to, can’t.
Being a police officer can mean very different things, depending on what area of the city you work in. In the suburbs, it’s pretty quiet - from time to time you (1) ... deal with car thefts or break-ins, but on the whole, it’s very safe and you (2) ... worry about getting attacked. But there are some areas where it’s very dangerous - lots of drug crime, armed gangs - and that can be a problem for us because we (3) ... - all we have is a truncheon. So if we (4) ... go and deal with a crime in an area like that, we (5) ... go alone because it’s too dangerous. We always (6) ...take a partner or go in larger groups, and we (7) ... stay in radio contact all the time in case anything goes wrong.
VII. Выберите слово в соответствии с его описанием.
accountant cashier heir manager pensioner
agent customer investor miser swindler
1. Someone who likes to keep money and not spend it.
2. Someone who inherits money or property.
3. Someone who runs a bank.
4. Someone who has retired.
5. Someone who keeps or checks financial records
6. Someone who buys things in a shop.
7. Someone who pays out money in a bank.
8. Someone who represents others in business.
9. Someone who puts money into a business
10. Someone who cheats people out of money.
VIII. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст.
Training global managers
One of the reasons why the
One of the reasons why the Japanese have been so successful in penetrating world markets is that they have understood and responded to the challenges of doing in alien countries and cultures. Japanese expatriate personnel are far better equipped than their American counterparts for living and working abroad.
In a recent survey, three-quarters of the 80 US corporations responding reported that between 10% and 40% of their personnel assigned overseas had to be recalled or dismissed because of poor performance. Only 14% of the 35 Japanese companies responding reported a failure rate of over 10% and in no case did it reach 20%.
Maintaining a US family overseas costs an average of S 200,000 per year. Recalling key personnel is not only expensive but also highly disruptive, often leading lo confusion and lost opportunities. Furthermore, an expatriate who is recalled will, in most cases, leave the company even though his or her performance may have been good prior to the overseas assignment Replacing him or her means that the company has permanently lost a valuable human asset.
Even those US expatriates who complete their assignments may not be working to full capacity and although technically they have not failed, they may be costing their company a great deal in foregone profits.
The reason why Japanese and American expatriates perform so differently may be explained by the better preparation and support which Japanese managers and technicians receive. In Japanese companies, a thorough selection is made year before the assignment is to begin, so that anybody at risk is rejected. The selection procedure is followed by a training programme where assignees learn the culture, customs, language and ways of doing business in the host country.
IX. Ответьте на вопросы к тексту.
1. Why have the Japanese been so successful in penetrating world markets?
2. How much does it cost to maintain a US family overseas?
3. What is the reason of Japanese and American expatriates different performance?
4. How do they train assignees in Japan?
X. Прочитайте резюме и вставьте заголовки, соответствующие каждому разделу (два заголовка лишние)
marital status referees
employment history permanent address
title hobbies and interests
qualifications date of birth
b. ... 14/02/78
Permanent Linden Cottage
Address: 88 Whitecross Road
HERTS WD3 8KY
Tel./Fax (01923) 0845841
E-mail: Carter Toni@gratisserve.co.uk
c. .... Single
1997-2000 University of South Nottingham
BSc Business Studies (2.1).
1994-96 Dr Chalmer’s Sixth Form College:
“A” levels in Italian (A), Mathematics (B). Biology (B)
Word-processing. Clean driving licence.
Languages: Bilingual English/Italian
January 2001 - present
Kilt Corner. Rickwood: Assistant Manager
After three months as a shop assistant I was appointed Assistant Manager. I deputize for the Manager in her absence and am in charge of seven other staff
August — December 2000
La Sorpresa Italian Restaurant: part-time waitress
I combined this with a word-processing and spreadsheet course,
Soccer: At university I was captain of the women´s soccer team. Playing the cello. Member of SN Chamber orchestra. South-east Asia. I developed a much broader awareness of other cultures and ways of life. I did various short-term jobs including being a nanny, cook, and waitress.
Catriona Flynn Manager, Kilt Comer,
Gorton Street, Rickwood
Dr Phil March Senior Lecturer, Dept of
Business Studies, University of
South Nottingham, Nottingham
XI. Напишите собственное резюме, используя образец, данный в предыдущем упражнении.
|1 мес||3 мес||12 мес|
В целях исключения необоснованных и заведомо ложных сообщений о фактах нарушения указанных прав, администрация будет отказывать в предоставлении услуг на торговой площадке Plati, только после получения от Вас письменных заявлений о нарушении с приложением копий документов, подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности, по адресу: 123007, г. Москва, Малый Калужский пер. д.4, стр.3, Адвокатский кабинет «АКАР №380».
В целях оперативного реагирования на нарушения Ваших прав и необходимости блокировки действий недобросовестных продавцов, Plati просит Вас направить заверенную телеграмму, которая будет являться основанием для блокировки действий продавца, указанная телеграмма должна содержать указание: вида нарушенных прав, подтверждения ваших прав и ваши контактные данные (организиционно-правовую форму лица, Ф.И.О.). Блокировка будет снята по истечение 15 дней, в случае непредставления Вами в Адвокатский кабинет письменных документов подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности.