Контрольная по английскому
Содержимое: 31018214859610.rar (14,83 Кбайт)
I. Выберите слово, наиболее подходящее по смыслу и обведите его кружком.
1. He is very stubborn, so it will be difficult to … him to go.
persuade suggest make prevent
2. From the hotel there is a good … of the mountains.
vision view sight picture
3. He went to Australia hoping to find a teaching … without too much difficulty.
work occupation employment post
4. There is no … in going to school if you’re not willing to learn.
reason aim point purpose
5. … you do better work than this, you won’t pass the exam.
Although If Unless When
6. I’m going to … all I can about the subject because I need this information.
discover find out know realize
7. Judging by the … Tom has put into his essay, he should do.
exercise effort labour work
8. That’s a nice coat, and the colour … you well.
fits matches shows suits
9. He’s left his book at home; he’s always so ….
forgetting forgotten forgettable forgetful
10. The children were suffering from the … of the hot weather.
consequences effects products results
II. Заполните пропуски предлогами и наречиями.
1. She is so careful … her health that she sends … a doctor even when there’s nothing wrong … her …all.
2. She was … such a hurry to get … the airport that … first she took no notice … a stranger following her.
3. I’m interested … chess but I’m not very good … it.
4. I’ve heard such a lot … him that I’m looking … seeing him very much.
5. He was so absorbed … his work that when I came …, he didn’t even look … (raise his head)
6. … my mind the boy is growing … a very nasty young man. If his parents don’t pay attention … his behavior, all this can lead … trouble.
III. Поставьте глагол в скобках в нужную форму, написав правильный ответ в отведённом месте. В случае, если перед глаголом стоит обозначение modal verb, выберите модальный глагол из предложенного списка: can, may, must, should, ought to, have to, be to, be able to, needn’t и внесите его в отведённое место в нужной форме, при этом глагол, следующий за модальным глаголом, также необходимо поставить в соответствующую форму.
My cousin and her husband live in Hanwell, one of the suburbs of London. One morning they woke up to find to their dismay that their car (1)_______(steal) from outside their house. They immediately ______(phone) the police to report the theft, before (3)__________(leave) for work by bus.
When they (4)___________(return) home later the same day, they (5)____________ (find) to their surprise that their car (6) _________(bring back) and (7)… (park) in its usual place outside their house. Under one of the windscreen wipers (8)________(be) a small envelope.
They quickly (9)________ (open) it and (10)______(find) a note (11) _______ (apologize) for ‘borrowing’ their car. The man who (12)________(write) it (13) (explain) … that he (14) _____ (not have) a car himself, but (modal verb + take) (15) … his wife to hospital in the middle of the night.
It (24) … (be) a perfect evening. They (25) ________ (have) front row seats and the show itself (26) … (be) every bit as good as they (27)_________ (expect) . They (28) ______ (be) in such a good mood after it that they (29) ______ (decide) to go for a meal at their favourite Italian restaurant. When they eventually (30) ______ (get) home just after midnight, a new shock (31)________ (await) them. While they (32) … (be) away, their house (33)________ (burgle)! Everything of value (34) _________(steal). They (35) ______(know) immediately who the thief (36) … (be) because (37) ______(lie) on the kitchen was a note in handwriting they (38) ____ (recognize) , (39)_________(say) : HOPE YOU (40)_______(enjoy) THE SHOW!
IV. Прочитайте текст и ответьте на предложенные вопросы, обведя кружком букву, соответствующую правильному варианту ответа.
Born in Westmoreland County, Virginia, on February 22, 1732, George Washington was the eldest son of Augustine Washington and his second wife, Mary Washington, who were prosperous Virginia gentry. His father died in 1743, and soon thereafter George went to live with his half brother Lawrence at Mount Vernon, Lawrence´s plantation. Lawrence had married into the Fairfax family, prominent Virginians who helped launch George´s career. An early ambition to go to sea had been effectively discouraged by George´s mother; instead, he turned to surveying, securing in 1748 an appointment to survey Lord Fairfax´s lands. He helped lay out the Virginia town of Belhaven and was appointed surveyor for Culpepper County. George accompanied his brother to Barbados in an effort to cure Lawrence of tuberculosis, but Lawrence died in 1752, soon after the brothers returned. George ultimately inherited the Mount Vernon estate. By 1753 the growing rivalry between the British and French over control of the Ohio Valley, soon to erupt into the French and Indian War, created new opportunities for the ambitious young Washington. He first gained public notice when, as adjutant of one of Virginia´s four military districts, he was dispatched on a fruitless mission to warn the French commander at Fort Le Boeuf against further encroachment on territory that had been deeded legally to Britain. Assured that the Virginia frontier was safe from French attacks, Washington left the army in 1758 and returned to Mount Vernon. With the support of an ever-growing circle of intellectual associates, he entered politics, serving five years in Virginia’s House of Burgesses.
1. What would be the best title for the passage?
(A) Washington’s life and achievements
(B) The travels of George Washington
(C) Washington’s career as a young man
(D) The properties of George Washington
2. What was the cause of the French and Indian War?
(A) Washington’s inheriting the Mount Vernon estate
(B) Washington’s ambition
(C) The eruption of Mount Vernon
(D) A dispute between the British and French
3. What opportunity was created by the French and Indian War?
(A) He became an officer in the French army
(B) He inherited the estate
(C) He was commissioned by the British military
(D) He took control of the Ohoi Valley
4. What was his connection with Belhaven?
(A) He was appointed its surveyor
(B) He inherited property there
(C) He assisted in its design
(D) He built an estate there
5. Why didn’t he go to sea?
(A) He studied surveying
(B) He contracted tuberculosis
(C) His mother opposed it
(D) He had other ambitious
6. What could best replace “encroachment” in line 16?
7. What kind of home did Washington come from?
(B) Middle class
(C) Wealthy aristocrats
8. Why did Washington leave the army?
(A) His job as a messenger was over
(B) The state border was secure
(C) The French attacked
(D) To erect new buildings
9. What influenced Washington to enter politics?
(A) The restoration work he completed on the House of Burgesses
(B) The endorsement of friends
(C) The conclusion of the French and Indian War
(D) The advice of Lord Fairfax
10. What claim did the British have to the Ohio Valley?
(A) It belonged to Governer Robert Dinwiddie
(B) It was a fruit growing area
(C) They had built Fort Le Bocuf
(D) It had been awarded to them by a court
V. Напишите эссе (объёмом 250-300 слов) на одну из предложенных тем.
1. Going abroad on a pleasure tour.
2. An incident in your/your friend’s life which you still remember.
3. what would I do if I wanted to change my profession.
|1 мес||3 мес||12 мес|
В целях исключения необоснованных и заведомо ложных сообщений о фактах нарушения указанных прав, администрация будет отказывать в предоставлении услуг на торговой площадке Plati, только после получения от Вас письменных заявлений о нарушении с приложением копий документов, подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности, по адресу: 123007, г. Москва, Малый Калужский пер. д.4, стр.3, Адвокатский кабинет «АКАР №380».
В целях оперативного реагирования на нарушения Ваших прав и необходимости блокировки действий недобросовестных продавцов, Plati просит Вас направить заверенную телеграмму, которая будет являться основанием для блокировки действий продавца, указанная телеграмма должна содержать указание: вида нарушенных прав, подтверждения ваших прав и ваши контактные данные (организиционно-правовую форму лица, Ф.И.О.). Блокировка будет снята по истечение 15 дней, в случае непредставления Вами в Адвокатский кабинет письменных документов подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности.