работа выполнена автором-профессионалом по данной дисциплине
1. Прочтите текст и ответьте на следующие вопросы:
1. When do pupils take their “O” level exam?
2. How many “A” levels are enough to go to university?
“O” LEVEL AND “A” LEVEL EXAMINATIONS
1. Pupils at secondary schools in England (that is, pupils between the age of twelve and eighteen) have two main exams to worry about. They take the first one when they are about fifteen. It’s called “O” (ordinary) level.
2. Many pupils take “O” level in about seven or eight different subjects. There are a lot of subjects to choose from carpentry to ancient languages.
3. For a lot of jobs it’s quite enough to have four or five “O” levels and usually these include English and Maths.
4. Some pupils leave school when they are fifteen. But if they stay at school, they go to the sixth form and start working for the second main exam: “A” (advanced) level. It’s a difficult exam, so pupils don’t usually take it in more than three subjects.
5. Three “A” levels are enough to go to university. But if they want to go to such universities as Oxford and Cambridge they take special exams as well. If you don’t want to go to university, you get a good job with two or three “A” levels.
2. Переведите в письменной форме абзацы 1, 2, 4.
3. Выберите нужную форму глагола to be и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. History (is, was, will be) my favourite subject at school.
2. Private schools (are, were, will be) expensive.
3. We (are, were, will be) engineers in five years.
4. Напишите предложения в вопросительной, а затем в отрицательной форме и переведите их на русский язык:
1. They have secretarial courses this year.
2. This teacher had two lectures yesterday.
3. You will have three exams next term.
5. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Indefinite Tense (прошедшее неопределенное время).
1. The course of study (to last) five years.
2. He (to graduate) from the university last year.
3. They (to take) five exams last term.
6. Составьте три предложения, используя слова, данные в колонках, и переведите их на русский язык:
There is many students at the lecture.
There are modern equipment in our town.
only one private school in our language laboratory.
7. Заполните пропуски предлогами по смыслу:
1. English was difficult ... me in the first term.
2. There are three terms ... a school year.
3. Usually our lessons begin ... 9 o’clock.