1. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая внимание на перевод Participle 1.
1. A serious problem, confronting railway operating officials is maintenance of equipment.
2. Passing through the windings of a motor the current produces the torque.
3. The moving belt conveys the ballast to the vibrating screen separating the dirt from the ballast.
2. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая внимание на перевод Participle 2.
1. One of the most interesting loading and unloading devices is the crane used in handling steel rail, bars and iron.
2. Terminals equipped with mobile cranes and used by many railroads were situated considerable distance apart.
3. A scraper is simply a large box fitted with a cutting edge that digs.
3. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая внимание на перевод независимого причастного оборота.
1. The track being laid, the rail-grinding machine grinds the road.
2. At present a great plant of powerful earth-moving machines is used, the excavators being the most important item.
3. The scrapers plane off a thin layer of soil, the soil being picked up and carried where required.
4. Перепишите и переведите текст по специальности:
The power system. The heart of an automobile’s power system – indeed, the heart of the car itself - is the engine. It produces the power that turns the wheels and generates the electricity to operate the lights and accessories. The power system includes (1) the fuel system, (2) the exhaust system, (3) the cooling system, and (4) the lubrication system.
The engine. Most automobiles have a gasoline engine. The majority of cars have the engine in front of the vehicle. Others have it mounted in the rear or the middle. The engine block also called the cylinder block, houses the engine´s internal parts and provides the foundation for pumps, pulleys, and other accessory parts. Blocks are cast from iron, iron alloys, or aluminum. The engine block contains the cylinder cavities in which the pistons move.
The number and arrangement of the cylinders varies among the makes of cars. American cars have 4,6, or 8 cylinders. Cars made in other countries also have 2,3,5, or even 12. In most cases, the cylinders are arranged either in a straight line or in 2 equal rows set at an angle to form a V shape. Typically, the more cylinders the engine has, the greater its power.